Tervetuloa!

My name is Sam Yancho, and this is my blog about my school year abroad in Finland in the 2011-2012 school year. I will try to update the blog as much as possible with new information and stories about what I'm doing as everything unfolds.

Sunday, July 3, 2011

The Beginning Stages

I am in the end of my first year of exchange, the preparation year. It is finally time for me to get my stuff together and start thinking of gifts for the people I'll meet, the clothes and shoes I'll pack, and the pins and gifts I'll give. I have but 34 days (about) until I get on that plane and leave everything that I've ever known behind me. On the other side of the ocean.

I finally know who my first host family is,  I've applied for my residence permit, and I'm doing as much as possible to learn the language. The only thing left to do is buy the plane ticket, get on the plane, and have the time of my life.

This blog will cover my year in Finland, and I'll do my best to update it and share my experiences on a regular basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment